Monday, March 26, 2007

Film Lesson: "Night and Fog"

The movie Night and Fog really made me open my eyes. It displayed the brutal acts of the nazi's and I found it fairly disturbing. I think it was a pretty powerful film. It would've been better if the film maker set the mood a little better. He was constantly playing "happy" music while showing pictures of decapitated jews. This movie displayed the holocaust almost just aswell as Schindler's List did. Schindler's List may have been filmed using actors, but it still depicted what actually happened at the holocaust. Night and Fog showed the aftermath of the killings that took place. Both were very powerful films that showed the "before" and "after" effects of the holocaust. I'd have to say that Schindler's List depicted the holocaust better. Night and Fog only showed the after effects of everything, Shindler's List tried to show exactly what happened at the holocaust and just how ruthless the nazi's were.

No comments: